- Genetics. This is a major one, especially for men. 98% of men with hair loss issues are in this category. Thankfully, only 7% of men have advanced balding pattern. On the other hand, 50% of women with hair loss issues are in this category.
(Source: Hair Loss and Replacement for Dummies (2008) by Robert M. Bernstein and William R. Rassman)
- Internal Conditions. Hormonal influences, such as thyroid diseases and anaemia. Pregnancy is a big cause of hormonal changes as well. Autoimmune diseases may also cause patchy hair loss.
- External factors. Lifestyle and other habits such as daily bunning of hair, tight braiding, wearing of turbans/tudung, excessive use of hair wax/gel/spray and dyeing/rebonding/perming of hair
- Stress. This is also why urban dwellings see a higher rate of hair loss issues. This may also affect people without genetical conditions. Sudden hair loss caused by stress is called telogen effluvium.
- Medication. Anabolic steroids, birth control pills, antidepressants and sleeping pills can cause hair loss.
Bee Choo Origin has been treating hair issues since 2000, these are some of the cost common issues we see amongst our customers. If you’re having hair issues, feel free to drop by at any of our salon for a herbal treatment. Our therapist are able to diagnose your hair condition and also recommend suitable hair products for your specific hair issue.
We have branches across Asia. For more information of our branches, please visit www.beechoohair.com/singapore